The Governors’ Wind & Solar Energy Coalition is a bipartisan group of the nation’s governors who are dedicated to the development of the nation’s wind and solar energy resources to meet America’s domestic energy demands in an environmentally responsible manner—while reducing the nation’s dependence on imported energy sources and stimulating state and national economic development.
Through its multi-state coordinated efforts, the Coalition undertakes initiatives designed to encourage sound policy and legislation for the development and distribution of wind and solar energy; to communicate and demonstrate the value and benefits of wind and solar energy to consumers, energy companies and policy makers; to create an environment of support for those who wish to develop responsible wind and solar energy resources; and to make investments in infrastructure to support expansion of wind and solar energy across the United States.
- “Renewable Electricity Standards: State Success Stories” White Paper March 2013
- November 2011 Transmission Briefing
- GWC PTC-ITC Letter (3-31-14)-3
- Letter to President Trump (2-13-17)
- Successful State Energy Policy Letter (2-13-17)
- GWC 111(d) Letter (FINAL 5-7-14)
- GWC PTC Letter Final
- Letter to President Obama 03.14.13
- GWC Production Tax Credit Letter (November 2011)
- GWC Letter to President Obama (July 2011)
- Governors’ RES Letter
- Great Expectations, Governors’ 2010 Wind Energy Recommendations
- Recommendations Transmittal Letter to President Obama
- Recommendations Transmittal Letter to Congressional Leadership